Last week while searching for some Valentine’s Day food inspiration at the Union Square Farmers Market, I found these beautiful watermelon radishes and purple daikon radishes. Can you believes those pink and purple hues are 100% natural?! I can’t get over it! They’re so beautiful. Colors at winter farmers markets up here tend to be a little bleak, so these guys were a bright breath of fresh air in a sea of brown everything. I bought one small radish of each kind and headed home to think about what I wanted to make with them. And then it came to me…everyone loves avocado toast! So I decided to make Valentine’s Day avocado toast featuring these oh so pretty radishes. This recipe is super easy, very customizable and, most importantly, delicious. Here’s what you’ll need to make your own Valentine’s Day avocado toast:
- Ripe avocado(s), mashed
- Tasty bread, sliced
- 1 small watermelon radish, sliced
- 1 small purple daikon radish, sliced
- 1 lemon
- Seasoning of your choice, to taste (I used pink Himalayan salt, ground black pepper and cayenne pepper)
1 heart shaped cookie cutter
- Toast bread to your liking and top with mashed avocado. Then cut avocado toast to shape with cookie cutter.
- Top avocado hearts with your choice of seasoning and lemon juice. Then top with your sliced radishes and enjoy!
And if you’re looking for some sweet treats this Valentine’s Day, I’ve been pinning away Pinterest’s best Valentine’s Day recipes. I’ve pinned everything from raw vegan cheesecakes to healthy dairy-free fudge to mini pecan pie cookies and homemade healthy twix bars. To check them out FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST HERE!